How my business gives back
I proudly give back to B1G1, Business for Good.
They’re on a mission to create a world full of giving.
They believe that small business can change the world in a big way.
From their website: B1G1 is run by a social enterprise (registered company in Singapore) and non-profit organization (501(c)3 registered in the US) with a mission to create a world that’s full of giving.
Unlike conventional giving models, B1G1 specifically helps small- and medium-sized businesses achieve more social impact by embedding giving activities into everyday business operations and creating unique giving stories. Every business transaction can help improve lives for as little as just one cent.
Here’s the giving impact my business has made so far (last count, 1,701 impacts):
- 365 days of access to a playground in India
- 20 nutritious lunch meals for children in the Philippines
- 1 woman in Kenya childbirth assistance
- 30 days of prenatal support to women in need in India
- 30 days of access to clean water for supplement income, Cambodia
- 5 nourishing meals to vocational students in need, Cambodia
- 7 days of supporting children resettling in families in India
- 365 days of learning tools to nursery school children in Ethiopia
- 7 days of assistance to families in crisis to prevent child slavery on the Thai/Myanmar border
- 20 days of education for children in a pop-up school in Indonesia
- 3 meals to adult koala patients in Australia
- 1 day of access to a information session for expectant mothers in India
- 1 day of vocational training in Nigeria
- 1 nourishing meal to an impoverished child in Kenya
- 30 days of access to life-saving clean water for hospital patients, Kenya
- 1 underprivileged child a new personal care item in India
- 20 daily doses of milk supplements to children in need in India
- 90 days of financial and business training to women in South Sudan
- 10kg of food rescued from going to landfill in Singapore
- 7 days of food given to a survivor or gender-based violence in Kenya
- Support to India’s COVID relief efforts
- 180 days of access to clean water for people in the world
- 3 days of education for children in the world
- 21 nourishing meals to people in need in South Africa
- 365 days of access to necessities for newborn babies in Kenya
- 4 women in Kenya childbirth assistance
- 10 kilometres of travel to bring trafficked girls home, Vietnam
- 1 day of empowerment for a woman leader in Cambodia
- 1 counselling session for a sexually abused child in Nepal
- 7 days of training for kindergarten teachers in Ghana
- 1 day of business training and micro-finance support to women in Kenya
- 30 days of early childhood education for children in Ghana
- 26 school meals to children in need in India
- Sponsored 1 police officer training to rescue victims of sex trafficking in India