Here’s how people responded:
14% of people said NO, they can sell from any vibe. (That included me, because I accidentally answered my own poll.)
29% of people said YES, they need 'high vibes'.
And an overwhelming 57% of people said “No but I prefer it.”
I totally get it, because there’ve been so many times in my biz when I felt like if I was feeling emotional, sad, deflated or [insert any emotion other than light, happy etc.] that I wouldn’t be able to access the parts of myself that would be able to effectively articulate how amazing my offer was, grow, expand or scale my business... or allow myself to receive my next client, idea or rush of flow and momentum.
I would often tell myself that I was the one blocking myself because I wasn't feeling good about myself. It would start a vicious cycle where I would almost punish myself with self-development and belief change work, thinking I must be doing something wrong... and why couldn't I just be better at building my business?
But I started to realise that I had so much evidence of the exact opposite; that I wasn't actually a problem to solve; that no matter my mood, I had amazing clients whom I loved showing up for; that I could make sales and money even on a 'bad' day.
Like, the time I was sobbing to my hubby about how stuck I felt in my biz... when a sale pinged on my phone; my highest paying 1:1 program purchased by a brand new client I'd never talked to. Paid in full.
Or the time I was in first trimester, pregnant with my first baby, feeling beside-myself nauseas, I yet walked into a room full of corporate marketing executives to pitch a workshop idea, and ended up booking 12 workshops (well, one workshop, delivered 12 times).... which was my highest-paying corporate gig to date.
I have bawled my eyes out while writing huge chunks of my three books… which are loved all around the world.
I’ve showed up to my biz, made a ton of offers (and then made some more) and supported my amazing clients while...
- Premenstrual and feeling tetchy, irritated and a little ragey
- Processing disappointment in life and biz
- Overwhelmed by... everything
- Sad (about biz results, relationship stuff, mum guilt, all the things)
- Feeling a bit (or a lot) lost
- Feeling like a fraud, an imposter and a fake
- Feeling rushed and run down
- While healing from friendship breakdowns
- During bouts of anxiety and depression
- Moving through massive uplevels that saw me questioning absolutely everything in my biz
- After being up all night with my little ones
- While having incredibly hard mum-days
- Practically mid-argument with my husband
- While finding my feet again after huge transitions (and not just the huge transition of coming back into my biz after a having a baby... twice!)
- And more because... well, life.